Your Title Goes Here

Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

What is Title Insurance?

Title insurance ensures that property buyers and mortgage lenders need not worry if any problems occur regarding the title during the transfer of ownership of a property. If a claim against ownership of a property takes place, title insurance will cover the costs and fees for defending ownership of said property. Should any loss of title occur, title insurance will reimburse the insured client for the face amount of the loss as well as any cost spent towards perfecting the title.

Which type of Title Insurance is right for me?

There are two types of Title Insurance to consider when transferring ownership of property. Owner’s Policy Title Insurance is for people who want to protect their interest in a property. Meanwhile Lender’s Policy Title Insurance insures the lender for covered defects up to the amount of the insurance. Customers do not have to choose between one policy or the other; often people will purchase both Owner and Lender Title Insurance. Consult with your lender as they may require you to have Lender’s Policy Title Insurance.

What do I bring to closing?

For closings, we require buyers to bring certified funds and for all parties to bring a form of picture ID. If there is any Power of Attorney involved, we ask to have the original sent to us prior to closing.

Who needs to attend closing?

The buyers, sellers, and realtors should attend closing. It is optional for any loan officers to attend.

What if I’m unable to attend closing?

We have several options for those who cannot physically make it to closing. Buyers have the option to sign online through electronic signatures if there is no lender involved. We have a mobile notary service that can handle printing, notarizing, and returning original documents. In addition, we frequently mail out closing documents to clients who prefer to use their own notary. A Power of Attorney can allow someone else to attend the closing and sign in place of the party unable to attend. If a POA is involved in closing, our office should be notified ahead of time and be sent the original for viewing prior to the closing date.

Who will be my contact during the closing process?

One of our experienced closing coordinators is assigned to each closing. They constantly stay in contact with all those involved in the closing process including the realtors, loan officers, as well as the buyers and sellers. To contact the closing coordinator handling your closing, call our office and let our receptionist know the property address that the closing is concerning.

What types of funds are accepted for closing?

Our offices can accept any of the following forms of funds for closings: wire, cashier’s check, certified funds, money order, or cash up to $9,000.00.

What types of funds are accepted for legal forms?

For legal forms such as wills, Power of Attorneys’, etcetera, we accept personal checks or cash.